Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Year in Review

The kids and I did our "year in review" papers again this year, but when I went to scan them, it just wasn't worth it. Carolyn did hers in pencil, so it didn't scan well, Matthew left a few blank and had silly answers for a few and Joel crossed out like crazy and the scanner acted up. So I will just tell you a few high-lights:
Betsy-
best thing about 2011 - celebrating my parent's 80th birthdays with a reunion with my entire family (that made Matthew's list too under "special memory")
Matthew-
What makes you happy? - victory (competitive you think?)
Carolyn-
What is your favorite toy/possession? - my American Girl doll Annie (yes, she finally saved her money and bought an American Girl doll - yes she has $20 to her name until her birthday, but I think she is pleased with her choice. Maybe it is a good thing that she won't have much money, because she does need to learn to be less "spendy")
Joel-
What was your greatest accomplishment? - hitting a ball far in baseball (this boy loves his sports!)
Anna-
If you had one wish, what would it be? - That a princess would find a rose and give it to the king and they would marry. (hmm - she loves "princess" themes, which is so interesting because we haven't watched the Disney princess movies, but she still loves the idea of a princess, but at least her "what do you want to do when you grow up?" is no longer "be a princess"....she said "take care of kids")
Ken-
not quite finished :)

2011 was full of work-related change for me....deciding to return to clinical audiology, volunteering at Boys Town Hospital for 10 days in Omaha, going back to school, getting a new job. I am so thankful that it is behind me. Please say a prayer for my peace at work. I have worries that I will do something wrong or someone will get mad or that I forgot important ideas during my 10 years away from clinical work. I am so thankful to have a job that I enjoy and that I can do for just 15 hours a week. During training I was working more than that and still had my Boys Town work to do and it was too much! I like spending time at home, with just Anna, quiet days just getting things done that are needed for the family! (Tax time is coming! I am probably one of the few who love to do taxes!!! It must be in my blood.)

One thing I learned in 2011 is that Matthew, despite his strong math/science interest, is an artist! Here were my gifts from him for Christmas. (I did hint that I would love the self portrait and was so pleased to receive the painting that I hadn't yet seen.) I love that they still have art in middle school.


2 comments:

  1. Blogger ate my comment.

    What a great recap. I loved that each person shared a different answer. Such fun responses that relate personally to where each person is.

    For what it's worth--I know you to be a conscientious employee. Do your best at your new job. It is perfect!

    Lastly, that art...WOW! It's definitely frame worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE art created by my children. Best gifts EVER. I absolutely love the self portrait.

    I have been thinking of you and your new job. Everything I know about you tells me that you will do so well - I will pray that you see this about you very soon.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete