Sunday, October 4, 2020

10/3/20

Ken was still in Cedar Rapids, so I convinced the kids to have a book reading morning.  Neither liked that I took their picture while reading.  So Joel covered his head and said this would be an OK shot.  Fair enough.  (I don't think he liked that he was shirt-less in the other photo)
Anna was happy enough if I let her pose!  She usually is a willing participant for my blog.  (Joel too, to be honest.)

I finished The Woman in the Window, recommended by my buddy M.J. in Newburgh.  Now I need to talk about it.  My sister read it too (she is in 2 book clubs), so we will likely discuss after our Weight Watcher's meeting next Saturday. (not in person)

Final Home Chef meal.  Good, but nothing spectacular.  I definitely have all the ingredients, except panko bread crumbs, which were yummy on the chicken.  It was nice to make the chicken on the stove, because I usually only do that if I cut the chicken into small pieces, but this challenged me to leave the pieces whole.  (at the very end I did slice each into 2 pieces to make sure we fully cooked them) I also liked their idea to add a bit of cream cheese to the marinara sauce.  The portabella mushrooms were excellent, although neither Ken nor Anna like mushrooms (although Ken wasn't here, making it a good thing to make for the day).  I ate Anna's mushrooms :0)  

Both kids helped and so we had this made in 31 minutes.  I had bought a double of this recipe (so 4 portions), We ended up with huge portions and then I made 3 lunch portions.  Happy overall with my Home-chef experience.  I would never pay full price, but might try another "home cooking" company in the future....mostly just for fun in the kitchen with the kids.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment