Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Monday move in

 Carolyn's cutie apartment.  Matthew helped them move everything up the 3 flights of stairs!!

Note: swell $10 desk, free chest of drawers that we painted.  I bought the chest of drawers from Roy and Anabel Sexton (our elderly neighbors) when I was Carolyn's age.

Note: excellent table for $60 last summer.
Note:  solid bookcase for $30-40

I love that the girls were happy with R's "grandma" couch and chair.  (In great shape but dated.  Carolyn's roommate's mother's boyfriend's mother's old couch)  Also Carolyn got the rest of her (wooden) furniture from the church rummage sale or 2nd hand stores....except that mattress which was from our house.  We were going to get her a new bed, but since she is not going to live in her apartment next year, we decided to try to keep things to a minimum so that she can move out in Ken's van.  (The mattress will likely be taken to the dump, since it has been well loved since 1989 when I got it for my first apartment.)  So all her furniture cost less way less than $200.  Easy to please, Carolyn!

Carolyn is planning to live in a dorm for 1 semester next year, hopefully with her buddy O. who also only has one semester.  There is a new dorm that has kitchens, so she wouldn't have to eat in the cafeteria.  (The dorm actually isn't new to the university.  I think it might have been married student housing long ago.  It is called Parklawn.  Maybe my sister remembers!)

Bad news is that Carolyn developed a bit of a chill and sore throat last night at 11.  Her antigen test is negative, but it was last time she had Covid too.  Oiy!  I guess better than while at school with her internship starting in 2 weeks.

I was tired all day yesterday, but today I realize I only felt a little bit worse than after my worst immunization day.  I feel very good today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment