Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goals of the day....I mean week

If you remember, last Monday, I actually had the nerve to post my goals for the day. Clearly, I won't do that again, because the only thing I accomplished was the potty training goal with Anna! She is doing pretty well, dry most mornings and only a few accidents this week.

It was soon evident that the other goals needed to become "goals of the week". I can proudly say both were finished today. Ken helped rally the troops to put away laundry yesterday and helped watch them so I could finish up both goals today.

Am I shallow if I say that a lot of my motivation was that I just didn't want to be beaten by the list? Well the goals are done now (actually, they were expanded to include getting all of October's obligations on the calendar as well - DONE, and putting away the additional 10 loads of laundry that were washed SINCE Monday - DONE). Plus I got the kids packed to go visit Grandma and Grandpa tomorrow (they have off Monday and Tuesday)!

I do love project completion, even if it takes almost a week.

2 comments:

  1. There's something so satisfying about seeing a list with scratched out items on it. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Betsy! I am usually pretty good at getting the laundry washed and dried. It's the folding and putting away that I struggle to finish. So I am right there with you! In fact, I have been ignoring the laundry that's been calling my name all day today! Ha!

    ReplyDelete