Friday, September 11, 2009

quilt square of the month - don't look Miss September

My friend SS asked that she be warned before I posted my quilt square that I made for our virtual quilting bee. (she wants to finish hers before seeing the others) SS suplied all the fabrics for the quilt and made no other stipulations.

I really like the end result. I modified the individual squares from my original "sketch" to make it work together a bit more. It isn't perfect, but this is the first "corner matching" thing I have done since Joel was a baby. Poor Anna's baby quilt did not require matching corners, because I knew w/ all my helpers running around, it just wouldn't happen. B.T.W. the "flags" in the middle of each outside wall will not have the little notch in the final product as they will be in the seam allowance. These are made with 1/2 square triangles, so they look like that until they are sewed to the next block.

No comments:

Post a Comment