Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a small world after all!

Forgive me if you have heard this story....

Here is my buddy J. and her kiddos. (her son and Joel went to pre-school together) This picture was taken when J's hubby was in Iraq at our going away party from Newburgh. I met J at my favorite Newburgh establishment - Mother to Mother
After I moved to Ankeny, J. wrote to say that she had a wonderful college buddy living in Ankeny and did I want her to give S. my phone number. Of course I said "yes".

S. and I communicated via email, but always had a sick kiddo or two for a few weeks. Then one week in church I wondered if the lady in front of me might, by a gigantic coincidence, be S. (due to the age of her children - I was guessing) During the sign of peace, she turned and said, "Are you Betsy?" Isn't that great, she was just one pew in front. Ken said he had seen her family other weeks as well.

S. also is a member of the Faith and Friendship group at our church and her older son went to the same pre-school as Joel, but in the mornings. Today we were supposed to get together at a park, but it looked like rain so we settled for playing in my basement. Here is a picture of the fun, courtesy of Carolyn McCleary photography.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I think she was visiting Jen just a few weekends ago, too! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met nne of my closest Newburgh friends through a friend of mine from California. I know what treasures they are.

    I bet a copy of this picture goes on J's fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy! That makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete