Friday, November 13, 2020

11/13/20 Friday Fun

 My kids had the day off school.  I asked off way back when I received the new school calendar (pre-Covid).  So happy to have these days off with them.

On Tuesday, the little baby I was to test (sedated) at 10 had been fed by her mom at 8, so we couldn't sedate!!  The sedation team nurse was swayed by her cute little smile and we decided we could test her at 2, when it was long enough since she last ate!  So needless to say, when I was done I was rushing.  The earmold I made for her hearing aid must have bounced off my cart as I rushed back to the department so that I could pick up Anna from school.  (I am never quite sure if it is raining in Ankeny when it is a little drizzly in Des Moines...)  So today the kids and I drove to Albia (1 hour and 22 minutes away unfortunately!) to make a new earmold impression.

We got the the meeting spot, but mom didn't show!!  (Joel commented, "I worried this would happen".  To which I replied, "we agreed to meet only yesterday at 12...not even 24 hours ago"...ugh)  So after texting and calling the mom, I called the office and they gave me her address.  They lived practically next door to the meeting place....crazy good!!

Anyway, when we arrived, Joel said, "I bet she is asleep". To which I replied, "She has 2 kids under 2. Who is asleep at 11:00 with 2 kids under 2, when she said that was not their nap time?"  Guess what, she had been sleeping, but not because the babies were - they seemed wide awake when I arrived.  I worry maybe there are drugs involved because she was slow to respond even when her dogs were jumping all over me.  Also given that on Tuesday she forgot to not feed her baby who was to be sedated 2 hours later!  Ugh, but the baby was as cute as cute can be!  Hopefully mom is making good choices.  She isn't my hearing aid patient, but I will have my colleague be on the look-out.

Earmold made, we were down the road to Oskaloosa.  (I Googled "what to do near Albia Iowa" and there was note of a neat little lake in Oskaloosa name Keomah.  We could walk around it in a little under an hour.  (just in case it was cold I didn't want to commit to much longer, but it ended up being beautiful.)

On our way to the lake we stopped at The Brickhouse in Oski.  SOO good.

action shot by Joel (We ate outside even though it was about 38 degrees, I won't eat inside until this pandemic is over!!  It was lovely, with sun and no wind!)
Anna said, "mom, make art out of your straw", so of course we did!!

Here we are at the trailhead.



We found another tree rainbow!


Joel's watch can make maps...very cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment