Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Easter weekend

 We went to the Easter Vigil in hopes of being un-crowded in church.  It was lovely (and uncrowded).  We had 2 adults join our church and one baby (daughter of one of the newly baptized adults) baptized.  (no photo)


Earlier in the day we made cookies.  We made the mistake of making a double batch because we wanted to send some cookies home with Patrick.  That meant that there were plenty for me to eat and I would rather have felt that I should only have 1!


Matthew always wants to do something creative, so he made the blue and green marbled cookies above.


Anna and I were more traditional!  But man on man, the cookies were delicious!


We had Easter dinner around 2 and were joined by Carolyn's boyfriend, Patrick.  He brought us flowers and a plate of fruit for the meal.  It was a great day, everyone helped make part of the meal.


That evening Matthew worked on a project for school and so I made Anna leave the table where he was working (because she wanted to play a video game right there!).  It was so sweet, Carolyn said, "let's go upstairs" and I could hear them talking for a long time.  Makes my heart happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment