Saturday, April 17, 2021

The Giver, final dance recording

Show choir is nearing the end.  Today the group recorded the last of the dancing.  They will record singing separately due to Covid restriction issues.  (something about if they sing indoors, they can only sing 30 minutes at a time without leaving the room to let the air turnover, so they came up with this compromise)  Today families were allowed to come and watch the recording because it was outside.  FIRST LIVE VIEWING OF THE YEAR!  I took hundreds of photos, mostly because I couldn't tell in the bright light if any of the pictures were turning out.   (My viewfinder is little and I had on sunglasses.)  Plus it is hard to get a good photo of dancing.  Also my friend asked if I could get photos of her son.  (Luckily, he was in front of Joel for most of the recording.)   I also took photos across the group since I know that most parents have gotten ZERO photos of their kid's show choir this year.  (I didn't posts those here :0)

The best news is that my long-range lens did well today.  My normal lens was ok, but I had to be far away, so that I didn't interrupt the recording, and the participants were pretty small!!  Truthfully, I wish I had used only the long distance lens, but sometimes that hasn't turned out in my favor so I was hedging my bets.

Here are the boys getting ready to perform! (rah rah and all that.......... "who are we?" "SPECTRUM")  Normally they cheered before each performance to get pepped up!  zero performances this year....sigh


The kids weren't in "uniform" because this was the Closer, and the song was "Find Me" by the Birdy.  It was supposed to indicate that they were finally free.  (They were told to wear bright clothes.)  They did wear more of a uniform in other recordings.  Joel is in the back in this first photo:  white mask, teal green shirt and dark gray shorts.  He is closer to the front for the other 1/2 of the song.












I wish this was clearer.....just trying to get a shot of the whole group.  They had to be distanced much more than normal because of Covid.  Normally the whole group fits onto a standard school stage.  (of course normally they dance with each other, rather than socially distanced)


It was a little funny that this recording involved face masking, since Joel played in 3 soccer games in the past 2 days, without a mask, except on the sidelines.  Don't get me started about wrestling (obviously without masks) that they allowed this year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment