Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Visitors

1st of all - say a prayer that I find my camera....because blogging just isn't the same without a camera. I probably took 25 pictures of our visitors with my kids and alas have none to share. (I had the camera in the "pack it" pile at my folks this weekend and then the trail goes cold. Yes I have been losing a lot lately, but let's blame this one on the hub. since his record isn't quite as miserable as mine to date.)

About last week, let me just say (without photo evidence) that we had a great time and hope to have more visitors - you are all welcome. The family that came to visit include Miss K., who is now very much aheAdd Imagead of everyone else because she also visited Des Moines in January. I know, some of you might say this is related to the fact her husband's company's headquarters are in Des Moines. But I choose to just think she likes our company. We REALLY like hers. Her daughter C. was one of Matthew's earliest friends. We met K. and C. at a baby group established by the hospital where they were born and went on to form a playgroup with this family and a few others. It was a wonderful way to get out as a new mom.

Now this family also has S., who is just a bit older than Carolyn and M. who is a bit younger than Anna. These duos had a great time this week (and yesterday when we visited Omaha).

It is really great to have established lasting friendships!

Check back for pictures. (I am going to beg Miss K. to send me a few :)

1 comment:

  1. I will put in a good word with St. Anthony for you.

    I'm so glad you have had visitors in your new house. I know how important it was and continues to be to have guests see us in our Indiana home.

    ReplyDelete