Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New summer adventure

Here is Carolyn at her first piano lesson! (Her teacher is my cousin's wife - and she has a great attitude about piano. She wants the kids to enjoy it!)
Here is Matthew at his first official practice. (Anna is a wannabe.)
Why does having a complete stranger coming to my house to tune my piano get me to "finish" the living room? Shouldn't I just want to make a nice home for my spouse and children. Yes - but it was the piano tuner's impending arrival that got it done.

4 comments:

  1. I bet that piano tuner is thinking right now, "Boy, that lady has a nice living room!" I am same way, though. Somehow having an "outsider" gives you the motivation to clean up things and get them done. :)

    From your friend who was happy to be an "insider" visitor at your house here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten amazing tasks accomplished because I was expecting company. These days, I'll take the motivation however it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Betsy, I think we should take our inspiration where we find it and not feel guilty about the source of our inspiration. It is easy to tell ourselves something else should have brought action to something - but that is a way to tell ourselves we aren't good enough. You did exactly what needed to be done and used your energy before that for the things that needed to be done before! No worries, no guilt! Your room looks beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. I found myself vacuuming and picking up toys in the entire bonus room just because Stanley Steemer was coming to remedy a spot at the doorway to the bonus room.

    ReplyDelete