Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a weekend!

If I feel lonely about being in a new city, all I will have to do is think about this weekend and it should help a lot.

It all started Saturday night, when we went to my BFFHS (best friend from high school's) home for ice cream sundaes. She lives in a town about 10 minutes from where we live and has lived there for 16 years. My grad school buddy (A.K.A. my walking buddy) and her family joined us there. About 10 years ago I realized that my BFFHS and my GS buddy had kids at the same Christian school in Des Moines. They did know each other, but didn't know I knew them both...so it was great fun then and great fun now.

On Sunday we were invited by B. and P. to join them at the Summerset Winery's Sunday Jazz Festival. It was fantastic music and we had a wonderful time. see below for details.
Here is the winery.....it was beautiful.
The bandstand is off to the left. The group played jazz as well as some songs from the radio. "Brown Eyed Girl" and "True Companion" two of my favorites.
Here are Ken and B. I should have known we would end up back in Des Moines, near B. and his wife P...... Ken and B. went to kindergarten together....then were apart when Brian went off to Catholic school....were reunited in Boy Scouts....went to different High Schools and reunited again at the University of Iowa. B. and P. have a great family and we get to see them most years when we head to Iowa City for the traditional Football gathering (often Homecoming).
B. and P. - they are a great couple, who balance each other very well.
B. took this photo, since it is rare that Ken and I get one together.
Check out the color of Anna's hands....It would match her siblings hands, legs and even Joel's nose. (purple in honor of the mulberries and black raspberries that were found)
The boys!
The girls (the tallest one actually belongs to a 3rd couple that are friends with B. and P.) They were great fun too.
We will get to see everyone again next weekend when we host our first party on the Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! Looks like you have all kinds of friends so you won't be lonely out there! Yeah!!
    From your BFFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Midwest seems to really have a thing for six degrees of separation. It's great to see you remaining in contact with friends and making more.

    ReplyDelete