Thursday, July 2, 2009

My latest read

Ok - lately I have been reading magazines and cook-books and a non-fiction book about gardening. I haven't read any fiction this summer, because I only read in short spurts. This book caught my eye on a list at the library (it is actually a children's book - the list was for Matthew).
I wanted to recommend you read it. I wanted to recommend it to Matthew, or one of the other kids one day. It is well written, with many of the themes I like. BUT there is too much sadness in it for me to give it two thumbs up. On the other side of the coin, it was so well written that I couldn't put it down until I finished it at 1:45 am. Of course, now I am slightly haunted by the story line and the real history behind the story - and still not asleep.

I guess you will just have to decide for yourself, but if you read it, do it on a happy day - and try not to finish it around 2am.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad. When I read or watch a movie, it is to escape into a world that is alittle more wonderful than mine (smile).

    ReplyDelete