Sunday, July 5, 2009

Finally ready for visitors

I know, you may think, "but Betsy, you already HAD visitors". While that is true, the house really wasn't in fantastic condition when our last visitors came. On the 4th of July we had a party, planned in part to give ourselves the encouragement to finish preparing the house. IT WORKED. I was even able to give our guests the tour and those of you who have been to my house, often there are more closed doors than a tour. Today the only closed doors were the Master closet (still messy - but Rome wasn't built in 2 months) and the basement store room (which will take 2 months by itself - yuck).
The family room in the basement. The kids got much more screen time on the 4th of July than usual! They did help us get ready for the party, but they also were allowed to escape to the basement (which was a lot of help- really) while we finished up.
"The playroom" - still trying to get the kids to keep their toys on this side of the basement. There only is a 1/2 wall divider between the two.
The living room. It hasn't looked this nice since we moved in. I am REALLY going to work at maintaining this look.
The office - hard to photograph - because I had to take the picture from outside of the room. It looks great too - as long as you don't turn around and see the bookshelves that still need to be conquered.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! But remember "a messy house is a sign of a good mom." At least that's what someone told me and I try to repeat to myself 20x a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beauty! I'm glad you included these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate the Zen feeling and be so proud of yourself. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete