Thursday, February 11, 2010

The good the bad and the snowy

The good is that Anna is napping again this week. My approach of starting with quiet time, then tucking her in has worked! (I didn't really plan to work it that way, but once I noticed that it was working, we have tried it ever since. Of course Anna is still a bit sick, so that might make her more tired, but I am hoping naps are back for awhile.) I would have taken a picture of her sleeping, but didn't want to risk waking her up - I am not that crazy! This is her "helping" Joel make his Valentine box. This was after she dumped the box of colors over my back while I was laying on my stomach helping color a Pokemon. You can see why I need this kiddo to nap.

The bad (no picture) is that Anna has been sick since last Wednesday and Ken has been gone for 2 weeks. (Actually Carolyn and Matthew have a bit of a cough too, but still are able to go to school. Tummies in the house also are only so-so!) I am a bit stir crazy and ready for adult communication! Luckily Ken comes home tonight. Also bad is the fact that my work computer is in Omaha getting a once-over and I can't get one of my software programs to work on my home computer. Hopefully I will have that resolved before Saturday! I need a break from my lovely children (it is true - so sue me!)

The snowy...Yes we have snow almost up to our mailbox. We have been blanketed in snow since before Christmas and haven't seen grass ever since. We still have Christmas lights on our bushes, because we can't take them off - they are buried. We couldn't even use them since the week before Christmas when the original burying occured.

When it warms up I am going to live outside (figuratively speaking of course)! I am already making gardening plans, which is funny since Ken saw our garden spot last weekend and said that there is at least 6 feet of snow on it, since the church shovels its parking lots into the area. A girl can dream though, right?

2 comments:

  1. How does the mail get in your box with the snow that high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken was gone two weeks?!!? Aigh. Hope you survived okay.
    I am in MD now...come home tomorrow. I'm in a hotel lobby checking your blog :) Isn't it fun to be anywhere and be able to keep tabs on each other!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete