Saturday, January 23, 2021

1/23/2021


I have raised this little plant from a dixie cup sized off-shoot that I received at a Girl Scout event last year.  Truthfully I want it to stay this size...it is just perfect.  Anna created the butterfly in 2nd grade and the bowl in 4th grade.  I just makes me smile while I sit at my desk doing my taxes.  I LOVE doing our taxes (usually....except when something doesn't work out as I would like...this year all is well!!)  My Dad was an accountant, so we can argue if my love is nature or nurture!!!

I am a little sad today as Carolyn is going back to school tomorrow.  Matthew will be staying here some and will be in Iowa City some.  He can make some money working here and with the pandemic, ALL his classes are online AGAIN...yuck!  (Carolyn has some things in person, although still a pretty isolating experience.)  It is lonely to be in an apartment or dorm when everyone is staying "stay away from people".  (Carolyn has to even eat in her dorm room!)  We like having Matthew here, so he can divide his time.  Had we had a crystal ball, I think Carolyn would have stayed home too and just arranged her classes to have online classes....alas  no crystal ball.  Just hopes for a better college experience next year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment