Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year

 2021 has begun!  I am happy for the new beginning.  People are starting to get vaccinated, Joel and Anna are going to start going back to school every day (at the end of the first semester in a couple of weeks) if Covid doesn't get worse.  Hybrid learning really hasn't been bad for them.  They are very self motivated but I am sure it has been awful for younger kids and kids with different personalities.  So for the most part, it probably will be a good thing.  Time will tell.  I worry most about crowded lunch rooms.....but back to happy!!!!

Our New Years Eve was fun:

We played Blackjack!  I am not sure that I have played this game more than once or twice.  I knew the gist of it, but not the details.  Ken was an excellent dealer and our poker-chips were made of candy!


Anna had an excellent strategy and quickly gathered up the most candy.


At the very end I was ready to quit so I bet everything that I had then won a couple of times.....so I looked like I was rocking it, but really I was just trying to wrap it up!  You only have to keep betting it all for a short while to get to go read on the couch :0)  Yes I am in my PJs.  We went to church and then I came home and got comfy!  Living a fancy life to be sure!!


Update on my 2021 goal of getting 2021 things out of my house.....40 more items are lined up for disposal (mostly to the Salvation Army or the Goodwill...our church has stopped collecting for St. Vincent de Paul's thrift shop a few months ago because of the pandemic, which is unfortunate).  

I have decided if I am getting rid of a bunch of one thing...example: pencils....I won't count each pencil as a thing.  I still don't think this will be too hard...which is a little sad!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! Reminds me of your New Years Eve parties when we all lived in Newburgh.

    ReplyDelete