Sunday, January 3, 2021

1/3/2021

 Today is the last day of my winter holiday.  I had 10 days off (including weekends) in 2 weeks.  Sweet.  Almost every minute was at our house or on a walk outside.  (There were a few hours of church and today I went to the library.) There was very little shopping by me!  Matthew is working at Hy-vee over the break and so he has picked things up as have other members of the house when they are out for some other reason.  (Hy-vee Starbucks hasn't needed Carolyn since Thanksgiving vacation, so she hasn't made much money during this break.) 

The good news is that I really like spending time at home and it has afforded me a lot of time to get things in order!!   I hate shopping in December and I am trying to have a "low spend" January to balance out our December, especially the treadmill that did not arrive on Wednesday due to the bad weather.  Luckily the weather was only bad during the Tuesday blizzard and I could walk every other day outside.  (I guess they couldn't deliver on Tuesday and so they did those deliveries on Wednesday and then we were at New Years Eve.  I am sure we are not a super important delivery to them.  They are a freight company (not UPS or FedEx.) and so I am sure they do many commercial deliveries that rank above our "one and done" delivery.  I think the treadmill has been in Ankeny for 12 days, but I decided against going to the freight company to get it because it could hurt someone's back!  (295 lbs)  The treadmill company recommends unpacking the box in your driveway and carrying individual pieces into the house.

Today Anna and I joined my sister and my niece Leslie in a 21 day toning challenge!  The instructor is Cassey Ho and she is very positive and encouraging.





It was quite a workout.   My exercise has been almost exclusively walking since mid-March when my gym closed.  I did not rejoin when it opened back up.  My strength has taken a hit, so this is a great idea.

There was a lot of chess played today and oddly Poker.  I did not play poker, but there was much laughing  that made me very happy.  (We are playing chess after watching "Queen's Gambit", which was a series about a fictional champion chess player.  There is something appealing about watching someone do something at the highest levels.)







No comments:

Post a Comment