Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Last night I heard my husband on the front porch, saying, “I haven’t seen this since my childhood.” Of course I needed to see what was going on! There - on our front porch were four May Day baskets. It warmed my heart so much to have our new neighbor showing such kindness. (Ken said he saw (not sure if he met) who left the baskets.) Since it has been raining most of the time since we moved in, we haven’t even met this neighbor yet! I brought the baskets in last night (because of the rain), but set them back outside today for my children to find when they return home from school. I bet they will love them as much as I did. (and I am not even eating the candy!

3 comments:

  1. Jen O did this for the neighbors last year. (She's out of town now, so she missed this year!) I had never even heard of the custom...is it popular in certain regions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Maria said, I've never heard of this either...but it really sounds cool! What a great way to welcome someone new to the neighborhood! It's the little things at the right time that make the most impact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to be welcomed!

    ReplyDelete