Monday, October 12, 2009

DON'T let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Saturday morning we awoke to snow covering our roof and falling on our lawn! We actually set a record for the earliest 1 inch snow fall in Iowa since 1884! Whew....not the kind of record I like to set. I was pretty sure I had never seen snow this early in all my years!
It didn't bother the kids! Before you think I buy Matthew $59 sweat-shirts, let me just tell you that this was bought from a neighbor's garage sale. Not sure why I bought it since I think it is a pretentious brand...I guess because it was a warm, clean sweatshirt for a few bucks.....I hope I am not teaching my kids to want pretentious clothes, maybe I should go hide the sweatshirt (but I digress from the snow issue)
The "mystery girl" is M. my college room-mate's youngest....she and Carolyn are 2 peas in a pod.
Carolyn is gathering snow off the car to make the snow ball you see above. If you click on the picture you can see it snowing.....
and no Anna didn't get to play in the snow. If she is playing in the snow, then Ken or I have to play in the snow! I have bought her snow-pants and boots for this year though, knowing she will not be stopped for long.

3 comments:

  1. Snow in early October?!?! What kind of crazy place do you live in?
    J/K.
    Enjoy! Good to see everyone having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The earliest I ever remember was once on Halloween! Looks like your kiddoes are having a blast! Glad to say we missed out on this one. And I am excited to see more of your blog posts I didn't realize were there and now I have some fun reading to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete