Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A new baby is coming!

Now that I have your attention.....I didn't say the new baby was coming to MY house. Here is my friend K. and her son M. (with Anna in a bunny suit, provided by K's family - along with many cute outfits for Miss Anna.....M. has 2 older sisters :). It is K. that is expecting the baby.

Now that I have been inspired by the Virtual Quilting Bee (VQB)....I have decided to return to making baby quilts. If you didn't get one....it wasn't that I didn't love you.....it was that I stopped making them for about 8 years! Since I have been able to get my VQB projects done, I figure I can make a baby quilt again. I am going to make 4, 12 inch blocks....just like the blocks we make for VQB, then I will add nice borders and be set! I have 4 months before the baby is due, so I will just make one block at a time - no sweat. Plus I have gotten many neat ideas from the VQB!

Miss. K. indicated that she loves the new brown and green colors. If you click on the fabric, you will see that there are little chicks on the green and beige fabrics!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do feel unloved not to get one from you!! Just kidding :) You loved me w/ good conversation and friendship. Yes, I know what you are thinking, "Well, Maria, if you really want a baby quilt. . ." That's okay!

    later!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute bunny suit! I had a friend sew a baby quilt for our oldest before he was born and it is SUCH a treasure to me. A wonderful gift! Actually, I think I will go right now and send her an email telling her again how much I love it. Thanks, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete