Thursday, October 1, 2009

October-block of the month!

This is the 2nd month's edition of the Virtual Quilting Bee. The fabrics arrived yesterday. I have a pretty busy 1st 1/2 of October, so I decided that if I didn't do the block today, it wouldn't get started until the middle of the month. Plus, the rain cancelled our walk we had planned - so I had to console myself with a bit of fun quilting.

"The Haunted Cabin"

The quilt turned out "a little busy" and some major revision was needed from my original plan once I finished my 4 "log cabins". I also miscalculated my borders in such a way that I would be embarrassed to even tell you! Oh well - it was a great morning for Anna and me, which is good since the nap went downhill after such a promising start!


Gosh if I could be so efficient with the rest of my life!

3 comments:

  1. That in one day! Wow!! I feel left out of all this quilting fun. Maybe in about 15 years I can take a class and learn and join :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Betsy! If that is all the skeleton fabric you got, you really used it prudently. I love your block and knowing Jackie, she will too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,...I totally love your quilt blocks! You are quite a seamstress! I'm comfortable with sewing but it's been so long since I made a quilt block I wouldn't know where to start! I love seeing yours and I'm so happy that you are posting the fabric you are starting with and then your block! So cool!

    ReplyDelete