Saturday, January 2, 2010

If only...

If only I were this efficient with the rest of my world.....

I received my VQB (virtual quilting bee) fabric in the mail today. I panicked a bit because I needed to make a tropical or beach themed block. I have never made a "theme" block before and I haven't done much applique in my life and did not really want to do it for the VQB. (You always get better the more you do things, but I do not want to make these blocks "practice rounds" if you know what I mean!)


So while we watched the Alamo bowl, Ken helped me design a non-appliqued block and I made all the measurements and did all the cutting in the living room. I then ran down to sew a seam or two and then returned to the game. (Quilting actually can be a form of exercise if you keep your sewing machine and cutting equipment and iron on different floors!)


Anyway, a few hours later and the block is done, pressed and in the addressed envelope....Seriously what a different world I would live in, if I got everything done so quickly. Of course I like quilt making a bit more than cleaning and paying bills. Many nights after the kids go to bed I don't get ANYTHING done....so this is big for me. Of course I need to stop staying up so late!

2 comments:

  1. Betsy,...this is so cute! Great job! Isn't it fun to get that self confidence boost when you do something you thought you couldn't! And isn't it wonderful to have a supportive husband to give you that leg up when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I am amazed...

    ...that you have an assortment of batiks on hand!

    ...that you found a way around the applique to produce a cute block!

    ...that you got your block done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete