Thursday, January 28, 2010

My new fun

I have read about "quilt design walls" and had quilt envy. I didn't want to spend a fortune, but wanted something, since often my designs are disrupted (since sewing room also = playroom in our house). I found some foam board and put a piece of flannel I have over it to see if it would even work. It did and I LOVE it. I am going to buy a few more board (only $1 each at the dollar store) and a flannel sheet and have Ken mount it for me on the wall! Currently on the design wall is an I-spy quilt for my friend who is having a baby this summer.

Below are 2 doll sized quilts. The first is for the brother of the baby mentioned above. His twin sister is receiving the doll quilt that I made in December, but never gave to Carolyn because she saw it first!!! I decided it isn't re-gifting since it never was given in the first place. The next quilt is for another friend's older daughter who is going to be a big sister in the spring. Her sibling-to-be will be getting an I-spy quilt too, but it is a bit different than the one shown. (FYI big sis loves horses and is one of Carolyn's pen-pal.)

BTW, these quilts aren't as "wonky" as they look, I think it was camera angle or something!

1 comment: