Friday, January 22, 2010

sewing again and not looking back



We couldn't find the missing screw. I went to where the machine was purchased and they didn't sell bobbin holders. I went to the sewing store in town - nope. They recommended the sewing machine repair shop. I am back in business. Of course, they couldn't fix the broken one, but did sell me a replacement for $26. I then made the mistake of googling "bobbin holder" to get a picture for my blog and there was a bobbin case for sale on amazon for under $3. I am not sure if it would have fit my machine and I never will know. I do know I have a nice bobbin case (from Japan rather than China and stored in oil previously to maintain proper humidity) and my machine is working. I am not looking back.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I think I need a new bobbin holder for my first machine too. For what it's worth, you got a deal. You got exactly what you needed pronto and you supported a local business. If you had ordered from Amazon, even expedited shipping wouldn't have gotten it to you as fast. Right? (Do you feel better now?)

    Sew on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,...I am with Suzanne on this one. It is so hard to tell online if you have the right thing you need. I totally trust our sewing repair shop in Evansville. They are the ones that told me to be careful to only use the bobbins made for my machine because other bobbins could damage the needle at the least or the machine at the worst. My handbook - which I had read ages ago - said the same.

    By the way...anyone need any extra bobbins? I have a box of them I'm not willing to use anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete