Thursday, August 13, 2020

8/10/20 Derecho

 

This is the picture Carolyn sent to me at work, looking out our front door.  I knew we had bad weather, but even this picture did not prepare for the devastation when I returned to Ankeny Monday afternoon.  Interestingly, no houses appeared affected, which was odd give how many trees were down.  (Later I did see a house here and there with a tree on it, but it wasn't anything like a tornado in that regard, but everywhere you go trees branches and trunks line the street.)


This was what I saw pulling into my cul-de-sac.

We had a few big branches down from our trees in the back, but it was hardly noticeable when you looked at the tree.  Many hands made light work!



The red tree in the background was not ours.  Just the tiny pile behind Carolyn and Joel.  Later we helped our neighbor and put some of their tree on our piles as they ran out of places to stash all their limbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment