Wednesday, August 5, 2020

8/4/20



Ugh!  Michael (audiologist) wasn't at work on Monday because he felt ill.  He said that he wasn't sick enough that he would normally stay home, but he didn't meet the criteria to work....so home he stayed!

Tuesday - Covid+

It is really strange because I felt like he was one of the safest people in my small clinic (along with me and the pregnant audiologist).  So now we have a 25% positivity rate (2 of 8 who are in audiology only or if you prefer 3 of 12 including our newborn screeners).  My sister is appalled that our clinic has such a high rate, but at least 2 of the 3 did not get Covid at work and I HIGHLY doubt Michael did either.  

Honestly other than these 3 people and one of Carolyn's friend's mother....I only know 2 people from church who were Covid+ WAY WAY back in April.  (The man was even on a ventilator.)  But I don't know the church folks, except to say hello!  So although 3 people from my clinic have been positive, only 3 people in my world are positive!  I wasn't exposed to Michael because we don't work together, although we were in the same clinic for several hours.  We both always had masks on and I was a cleaning machine.  (We don't have to share space on Fridays because we are the only 2 audiologists there.)  I am never out of my office without a surgical mask.  So I am unconcerned.  The pregnant audiologist is getting a test though as her level of concern is high.  She also was around him all week, while I was on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment