Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BALANCE part 2


If you read my first blog you know that my word for 2008 is BALANCE. Luckily it is just a goal, because it seems to be a bit tough to accomplish. I am looking for good hints on how you stay balanced. The way I see it, people need to balance:

· the needs of their family (self, spouse, children and the group as a whole,
occasionally: parents, grandparents, siblings, nieces, nephews)
· the needs of the community (helping at church, a child’s school, coaching a team etc.)
· the need to eat healthy and exercise vs. finding the time and money to do both – and even
if you have the time and the money – chances are in the dead of winter you will have a sick
kid that will make it impossible to exercise sometimes, even with good intentions.
· the need to keep organized and tidy vs. playing with your kids vs. doing something you like
to do
· striving for goals vs. being realistic when some goals aren’t obtained vs. getting upset when
you don’t reach a goal and then being crabby about it
· saving vs. spending
· work vs. play
Do you see my point? I need some advice – how do you stay balanced in life? How do you stay motivated, without getting upset when goals aren’t met? How do you have fun while accomplishing everything (sometimes anything) you want to do? What do you do when your children are glued to your hip making it impossible to accomplish much of anything at all?

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you find the answers! From your Very Unbalanced Friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps
    if anna's shirt is a onesie snap type and you bought it at the consignment sale last fall, then i think it is marg's which warms my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy...EXACTLY!!! I hear you. I'm with MaRia...Unbalanced. And sleep deprived. It's the best balance there is right now.

    ReplyDelete