Monday, March 9, 2009

Our first home, in Omaha Nebraska Aug 1994-Jan 2001

I realized that I better get hopping if I hope to go through all of our old homes before I get to our new one. (we are making an offer today - well maybe tomorrow, by the time we get our act together). This was our first home, where Matthew was born (at the hospital, not in the actual home). We lived on a cul de sac and had great neighbors to the right. Of course, for the first 5 years, we weren't home much because we were at work all week. It was a nice home and it served us well. We had a long back yard and our first garden. Ken replaced our deck with the beautiful one you see in the little photo, the summer before we moved. We painted our garage doors before putting the house on the market, but I didn't match the color well. So .... Ken to the rescue, we took a chip of the old paint and got a perfect match. He was out in the November cold, re-painting the door with cold-weather paint, before it became so cold that the paint wouldn't adhere until the warm weather of spring.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for clarifying that he was born at hospital, not home. I would have wondered why you never shared that story with me of all people. (My first cousin actually did give birth at home, did I tell you that story? Not as in a "home birth" by choice, but oh my word, I think I am in labor! Her first.) ANYWAY, where is this--city and state? You know I can't keep track. Did you work (outside the home, duh) when Matthew was born? I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the new home update!

    ReplyDelete