Monday, March 16, 2009

These are a few of our favorite things

It is good to remember what you love! This weekend I asked our family about their favorite things. Since pictures of my family are my favorite thing, we took pictures to go along with the fun!
This is me with one of our many scrapbooks. With the move, I have gotten behind in getting the pictures put in, but setting up a scrapbook session in my basement is one of the first things I plan to do after getting the essentials of the house unpacked. (picture taken by Matthew :)
Here is Ken (ok - I am here too, but I really liked this picture and just "found" it on a disk Ken's friend made for us), His first favorite (family) was disqualified because we aren’t including people in our choices. Therefore he chose Hawkeye sports to be his favorite thing.

Matthew chose Webkins (he also listed Mom and Dad 1st on his list – again disqualified, but appreciated). I thought he would go with the DS game, but no - Webkins was the big winner throughout the family (see below). Note that Matthew needed his picture to demonstrate the Webkins website to show off the games he can play.
Carolyn chose her “Whitefluffy” Webkins as her favorite thing, but decided to add all her stuffed animals to the picture, since the boys were showing off all their Webkins, and alas she has only one Webkin. This is because she chose a Build-A-Puppy for her birthday and Beanie Baby at Christmas time. She is already planning her next Webkins purchase, feeling very deprived with just one Webkins (clearly not deprived in the stuffed animal department). My favorite thing about Whitefluffy is that Matthew bought it for Carolyn when he received money for his First Communion and was purchasing his own first Webkin. I love when the kids are nice to each other without prompting (ok – even with prompting – I love it). Carolyn shared this picture with Anna, who always loves to climb into a good picture.



I asked Joel if his newest Webkins, “Groundy”, was his favorite thing and he said “Groundy and Carolyn”. (Again, Carolyn was disqualified – but the answer warmed my heart.) I have 2 shots of Joel – one because we tried to get an action shot, and the 2nd because in the action shot “Groudy” had flown out of the picture. I like the 2nd shot because it shows Joel straightening his animal’s whiskers for the picture – cute!
Anna’s favorite thing is her Binkies. I had to use an old picture because “Binkies are for bed” and I didn’t want to give her a binky for the picture than take it away – I am not that cruel!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Betsy. I bet you are an amazing scrapper with this type of memory capturing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I agree! I am glad you are a blogger because I am learning all kinds of wonderful things about you and your family. This is a great idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete