Sunday, March 29, 2009

SPRING BREAK - Minneapolis Style




There was a mini-Lego Land at the Mall of America - it was fantastic! Since I didn't have to clean-up the place - there was only LOVE (see other post).
I voted Anna the 2nd most likely child to be lost at Mall of America. (The most likely child was not one of mine and was already in the arms of a police man when we arrived.) Anna loves to push the stroller now, which you can imagine is a lot of fun for mom. One time she walked away from me without looking back. Obviously, I watched her like a HAWK and she was frequently in the stroller. No police assistance needed because I never let her out of my sight - little turkey.
Matthew went on this ride by himself. He actually was off the ride before we knew he got on! He loved it, but I did notice he wasn't hungry of lunch a bit later.
Anna wanted nothing to do w/ Blue and Matthew has grown beyond his old friend.
The kids w/ my buddy B.!

The kids and I joined Ken in Minneapolis for 3 days of Spring Break. He went off to work and we played. He used some of of the points he accumulated from all his travels and we stayed at Embassy Suites. Let's just say - that is good living - .....made to order breakfast, someone else making the beds (such that a coin could bounce!), a swimming pool (actually met a family that goes to our church in Ankeny and to the school the kids will attend next year), evening snacks/drinks and nights with the hubby.

I think the entire family most enjoyed our trip to Mall of America! My favorite part was that we were joined by my grad. school buddy B. He actually came to Bloomington over his lunch hour so that he could go with us to the mall. B. and his wife were the grad school friends who hosted Ken for four months before our marriage. (see previous post - sorry no hyper link - someday :) This is an indicator of what a great people they are, but it goes way beyond that. B. was so sweet and kind with the kids and it was like 16 years hadn't passed since we had seen each other!

3 comments:

  1. So now it looks like I have to add Mall of America to my list of places to visit! This is a great preview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your Blog Blitz. I have a blog blitz going on in my brain but need to get it in print.
    Are you telling me some random family at the hotel was from your church/school in Ankeny? That is wild!!
    I do remember that roller coaster from my one and only visit to MN in June 2003. I did not ride it because I was pregnant with Bridget!
    I saw Suzanne helped you with your other issue. Do you know how to email the picsto yourself at your blog so you don't have to wait for them to upload? SO EASY! I can tell you if not. Also, if you know you are going to be gone and want posts to "publish" themselves later you can change the publish date there as you are writing the post. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the photos! I wanna go there myself!

    ReplyDelete