Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Love Them / I HATE Them

Catchy title. huh? Some of my favorite 1000 or so toys are Lego's. If we only had a peanut butter jar full, it would be ok. We have a bunch - many were hand-me downs another bunch were gifts. I will admit I have given my share - in part because I do love them so much. My kids can build Lego's for hours at a time. Matthew will build the kits as the instructions say, but he really just loves to build his own creations. (will post some pictures after we get into the house and we have some building sessions) Joel still needs help building the creations as the box indicates, but he likes to work with a team-mate to do so. Matthew at his age really just wanted to go out on his own. Carolyn pretty much does her own thing too, but I will be honest, she has chosen other gifts - not too many Lego's target the girl audience. Plus since she has the hand-me-down stash as well as her brothers Lego's, she would rather get other things that interest her.

Ok, so you are probably following the "LOVE THEM" part of the Blog title. Well.....here is why I HATE them.....they get EVERYWHERE. Like I mentioned in an earlier blog today, we sorted all the toys this weekend and did a major "pick-up" - in closets, drawers etc. Lego's were in every room in the house - even the "master" bath. The kids often use this when the other facilities are taken and I guess they brought a toy when the came in and forgot it when they left.

I guess I love them more than hate them.....but occasionally do put all things Lego on a shelf for a few weeks. When we get them down the kids act like they have a brand new toy and I have had a much needed break from bitty parts.

1 comment:

  1. We are just getting into Legos now. The imaginations run wild and the Legos travel everywhere here too. Let me know if we can open our Lego home to your family while you are here.

    ReplyDelete