Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday 2010

Here is our lovely (although hard to photograph simultaneously) family



I decided to divide and conquer - here are the boys!


I couldn't even get a good picture of just the girls, especially because I wanted to highlight the dresses they wore. If I tell you they are home-made will you be impressed? Ok - I only did the hem, but their Aunt D. made these dresses as "mock-ups" for their wedding attire. (Aunt D's daughter is getting married in May and Carolyn is a jr. bridesmaid and Anna the flower-girl.) The actual dresses are to be made in silk! (Aunt Debbie is really a wonderful seamstress - when she brought us the dresses to try, she thought I could "finish them up".) I humbly suggested that she help me finish them up on Grandma's sewing machine. I did do the hems - Easter morning of course! For the "real" dresses, Carolyn's will be a bit longer, but just knee length.



We had a nice, laid-back Easter. Our parish is under re-construction, so we had services at the High-school gym. It still was very lovely. The priest joked that someone threatened to turn the timer on the score board when he started his sermon. The kids enjoyed hunting eggs, but the only dying that was done occurred immediately before consumption when the kids wrote or drew on the eggs that were supposed to be dyed. (Note to self, next year boil more eggs.)

2 comments:

  1. Divide and conquer. Now there is a photo strategy I hadn't considered. In my case, I really wanted a family picture but Bill ixnayed that from the getgo so I had to just do the boys. And, well, you saw how that worked out. Sigh...

    Love the dresses. They will be beautiful in silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love it when sisters are dressed to match- hard to do at my house (one wants rock-n-roll and the other wants princess!)

    ReplyDelete