Friday, April 9, 2010

The only reason I look happy.....

is because the picture on my blog is an old picture of me and not one taken 10 minutes ago.

Ok - so we bought the girls bunk beds....full size bottom and twin top. I went to a going away party tonight and when I came home the "installers" were still here building the bed. I guess the contractor had put the bed together before putting it in the truck to deliver and they had to take the entire bed apart to get it up the stairs.

So finally the bed is done a bit before 10, and we already put the kids to sleep in other places. Anna is still not asleep as I type because of all the excitement. This is not why I am unhappy....that feeling is because Ken just measured slot the guy built for the double bed (which is coming off Matthew's bed tomorrow when we get him a new one...since he is past the bed wetting stage and Anna hasn't even left night-time pull-ups). Joel is actually sleeping in Matthew's bed as Matthew is at his first Boy Scout camp out.....I digress....a full mattress will not fit in the slot built for the bed. The bed builder's measurements were off by 4 inches.

I certainly thought "wow, the double bed won't take up that much more room than the twin, so glad we decided to do the bigger bed", but I DID NOT THINK, "gosh maybe this guy doesn't know the size of a full size bed and build our bed wrong". BECAUSE WHO DOES THAT? We paid in cash, so you can imagine how high on this guy's list we will be. But I do promise that I am going to do everything in my power to get this fixed (ok mostly Ken's power) -TOMORROW if possible.

You know what really makes me mad....my in-laws are visiting tomorrow and Carolyn's First Communion is next week. I have a million things to do and don't function optimally under situations like this. Do I have time for this? NOOOOOOOO. I am so mad now, I am shot for the night and have a toddler who won't go to bed well until we have everything settled, plus probably a few days....and Ken is in Atlanta next week.

So if I look happy to you, it is only because you can't see me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Betsy, I am so sorry that you are in that spot. My suggestions: Breathe deeply and breathe regularly. Stand up when you make the phone call and be assertive.

    I will say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to mention WHY we didn't put the mattress on the bed before the guy left.....the bed had been stained and was a bit sticky-still. (that's my defense....still should have measured the slot when it seemed small :)

    feeling better this morning and will try to ignore the situation when we can't deal with it, since I have to be a super-cleaner today!

    ReplyDelete