Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March - Virtual Quilting Bee

Mt quilting buddy SS just posted her block of the month, which reminded me that I never did.



I will admit, I had a bit less fun on this one than the month's past, because we were given a pattern to follow. We were supposed to add embelishments, but I have a bit of difficulty with this. Where does an embelishment cross the line into gaudy? Anyway, I placed a trim around the middle box (hard to see in the picture, but it gave the square a bit of depth) and back-stitched the antena.

I went to mail the block during the last few days in March only to find a VERY SMALL spot on one block. I tried to get it out, but no luck. Of course it had to be the antena block that I needed to replace and I also had the challenge of re-aligning the trim on the center block, since it looked so nice on the first try! It isn't as easy as you would think to replace one block since the squares were put together in 3 rows in the beginning! I think doing the repair took longer than making the original block!

(This is actually a picture of the block before I had to replace the antena, but they looked almost identical....the finish product just didn't have the spot. It is funny that the spot occured, because I did the block right away, after getting the fabric and then had it in my office (away from little hands) the entire time...I guess it will forever be a mystery.

3 comments:

  1. I think my mom will like it, Betsy! It was not as creatively challenging as some others but it was kind of nice to have an easy block. Can't wait to see what Stephanie sends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Someday maybe I'll be crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cute, Betsy! And wow, I've been there on a creative repair before. Sometimes feels like I wish I'd just started the whole thing over instead of trying to fix whatever it was! I really love the circles/dots. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete