Wednesday, March 25, 2020

3/25/2020

Today's events....

went for a walk....very usual

went shopping......odd to see signs about "social distancing" and tape on the floor marking 6 feet at the check-outs.  No flour or regular noodles....(Matthew asked if there were unusual noodles and I replied yes....chickpea noodles etc.  He said they would probably be fine, but I decided that they cost 5X as much and probably taste poorer....so I skipped the chickpea and other crazy noodles.)

Came home and wanted to hard cook eggs in my Instant Pot.  I couldn't find the metal circular piece that keeps the eggs off the bottom of the Instant Pot, so I emptied several cupboards, until it was found where it absolutely never has been before....in the place where our cookie sheets and muffin tins live.  Oh well....time to deep clean cupboards I guess.....NO BEFORE SHOT TAKEN.....on purpose.  The blog might get lucky with an "after" shot.....but I am going to take my time and do it well....which means not today.  All children deny placing the item in the wrong place :0)

Anna is practicing her flute in her room.  (the washing machine thing was a fake!)  Carolyn is online with the people from AP Microeconomics, trying to get prepared to take the AP test without having all the class time.  I told her not to sweat it if she doesn't get the credit.  We know she would have, if times were normal.  Matthew is in the basement....hopefully studying, waiting impatiently for his new computer battery to arrive.  Ken ordered a 2nd one from a different retailer with guaranteed delivery.  Joel just finished his reading time and helped me take down the shower curtain in the kid's bathroom.  A new shower curtain....fun times my friend!

Plans for family game time after Carolyn's class.

We played Sequence and 5 out of 5 would play again!  We played this a long time ago.....very fun.  Carolyn had to play both parts of her team, which made it a little more challenging.

Finished the top and back of Hugo's quilt....Time to make some quilt sandwiches....(yes they really are called that) and they look better in person ;0)





No comments:

Post a Comment