Saturday, March 28, 2020

3/27/2020

I went to work (despite clinic still being closed until now April 13 at the earliest (date was optimistically April 6 until today)), I read email, shipped earmolds to patients, put out a billing fire and did continuing education (not usually an "at work" thing).

Went for a walk....so happy this Covid19 didn't happen here in January.

Matthew and Anna made Pupusa for dinner.  The crazy thing is how similar it was to the recipe Joel made to take to Spanish class a couple weeks ago.  (Joel's didn't have beans, only cheese.) Matthew learned about this dish in his dorm cafeteria.....good thing the cafeteria food wasn't this good in the late 80s.

(from Wikipedia)
A pupusa is a thick flatbread from El Salvador made with cornmeal or rice flour, similar to the Venezuelan and Colombian arepa  (THIS WAS WHAT JOEL's RECIPE WAS CALLED!!!!). In El Salvador, it has officially been declared the national dish and has a specific day to celebrate it. It is usually stuffed with one or more ingredients




Ken added coconut shrimp and cheese balls (like mozzarella sticks) to round out the meal.  We have been eating a ton of veggies lately, but not tonight! (because I wasn't the cook I think....but it was nice to have Matthew and Anna work together!!!)

Ken and I continued to watch West Wing on library DVD.  (I never watched this in the late 90's or early two thousands, but it is pretty good.)  I love the hair (permed and shorter than the average now....just the way I wore my hair, if the hair of my dreams would have actually been the outcome on my actual head) and I love the clothes (except for the giant shoulder pads).
The West Wing cast: Who's had the most successful career since the ...
(The picture isn't from the season we are watching (no perms)...but I like the picture because there is no Rob Lowe, who was very naughty in his personal life before he was on West Wing.  I guess he was replaced by a new actor later, not because of the naughty behavior, but because of a contract dispute or something.)

Josh Lyman & Mandy Hampton | West wing, Moira kelly, 2000s tv shows
(this is Moira Kelly (on the left).... I don't really like her character (very "in your face"), but really, anyone who knew me in the early 90s knows that this is what I wanted my hair to look like.  She also dresses fantastically and her make-up is always spot on (never a goal of mine).

15 years later: 'West Wing' cast members, producer reflect on ...
 This is CJ (character name), actress=Allison Janney.  We occasionally watch the show Mom on TV, so it is SO FUN to watch her be this other character. (I do like her character in West Wing, she is the Press Secretary.  Heaven help anyone with that job, ever!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment