Tuesday, March 17, 2020

WOW - what a month (pictures from across the school year)

Just so we always have this time memorialized!  We are all under lock-down (except Ken) who works in a very isolated cubby in an office building when he isn't travelling.  (no travel this week for sure!)  He might be working from home by the end of the week, who knows.  I guess Carolyn is still going to the Starbucks at HyVee to work for the time being too.

Here are some pictures from when I last posted (last summer I believe)....in absolutely random order!

Joel hopes to make a ton of cash this summer umping.  Time will tell if baseball goes on as planned!
 Here is Joel at Matthew's Eagle Court of Honor.  Joel is now an Eagle himself....but like all things March 2020....his Court of Honor is TBD!  (He is about a foot taller now too!)
 Here is the staff at my work....All but 4 of us (the 2 newborn screeners and the manager and her boss) are out of work for the duration!  It is great that we are screening the babies, but it really is a road to no-where until we reopen the clinic.
 Here are my kids fooling with Ken's mom in the kitchen...not sure Christmas or Thanksgiving.  Ken's folks didn't travel to Texas this year for the first time since we have had a child!!!  They also were able to see the kids perform (Carolyn and Joel) because there show choir traveled to Ken's home town (coincidentally :0)
 Here are my kids with my dad around Christmas time!  Anna, Joel and I just returned from a visit on Sunday.
 Here is Anna with her flute!  She was selected for honor band this year....although that concert probably falls in the "lost to the virus" category as does her solo contest.
 Anna's 2nd year at show choir camp (over winter break)  next year she will be in her very own show choir!!!
 Joel and Carolyn ready for Winter Warm up!!   Lots of shows and fun since then.  The season was over 2 weeks ago, thank goodness.  The Spring Musical (Carolyn was student director) is not going to be so lucky.
 I don't have many photos with Matthew....given that he lives in another city, but here we went out to lunch one day on my way back from Burlington!!  He is starting online classes for at least 2 week on Monday.  I hope his summer class is offered online too....he can save some cash!
 Joel was able to run Cross Country in Iowa City....Matthew went to cheer him on.  Warms my heart.  (Joel also got to see Matthew a couple times in the Marching Band!!!)  Next year I will be in Iowa City more with 2 kids there and no weekend volleyball with Anna.  (If she plays, school ball is during the week.  She thought she might try Cross Country with a couple friends instead....)  I LOVE LOVE Cross Country.  I always wanted to be a runner, but frequently hurt my feet and shins....so XC was never part of my life - but it is a great group!  I am a runner-wanabee!
 Joel and Carolyn ready for Homecoming!  Prom is almost certainly "lost to virus" too.  (Sniff...poor seniors....Carolyn is taking it exceptionally well.)

Lots of other activities and fun since last summer.  I posted a little on Facebook, but am off that mostly for Lent!  I really like having things here though, since you never know when I will give up Facebook!!  (it is good and bad)  Peace and stay healthy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment