Thursday, March 19, 2020

Allowed to work

My supervisor called last night to say that staff could come to the office to work on projects (without patients).  This was allowed because other "non-essential" staff were allowed to work on home-programming for their patients.   For me this meant Net-learning (annual video classes on harrasment, fire safe and pathogen control, etc.), pre-programming hearing aids and going through old charts.   I am officing in one of our booth rooms since my office mate just went to Florida....social distancing!

I can work tomorrow too and then our projects likely will be over.  I also checked and I have 10 weeks of PTO built up.  I probably won't take full PTO because we will likely have to work extra once the clinic opens up...plus I will be covering part of a maternity leave in the fall.  It is hard to plan for the unknown.

Peace!

Image result for blank children's hospital
(I don't work in this building, except to see the occasional inpatient, but I am very proud of this place.  My business card has the Blank logo, since I am in pediatrics.  Before I started, the audiology staff did office and see patients in this building, but we now are in Methodist Hospital...all attached together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment