Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Doggone it!

Long story short. The people who surrendered Trudy and her brother Meatball took them wrong shelter. The ARL (Animal Rescue League) in-take person didn't catch the issue...then someone today realized the mistake. The other shelter wanted their puppies. It seems really silly, however if you know anything about animal shelters....Puppies are the bomb. They bring in the most money and the most people who want them. So alas Trudy has left us. We are doing ok, but she was a sweetie and we will miss her joy!

We drowned our sorrows in excellent Irish food.  My good friend owns a restaurant and we bought take out to support them. 


Fish and chips (my friend also is donating a portion of the Fish and Chips sale (on Fridays) to the Knights of Columbus, since their fish fries were cancelled.
Shepard's Pie...We also got Reuben eggrolls and Scotch eggs.

Also I worked today for about 3 hours, then came home.  We don't need to stay if we get all the issues of the day resolved.  (I also started a continuing ed course.) Next week I will likely only need to go in one day.  (This week Tue/Fri)

Going for a walk in a little bit, then I am taking the afternoon off.  I am a little sad about losing sweet Trudy, so I am not going to spend the afternoon cleaning....unless if feels right later.

No comments:

Post a Comment