Thursday, March 26, 2020

3/26/2020

I just learned the my bank substantially lowered the interest rate I earn on my checking/savings account due to the rate cut by the Fed.  (without notification I might add)  It really bugged me, then I got a little perspective, given the amount of money that seems to be lost in the stock market.  (it is like 10,000 times more, not exaggerating)  Why does that make me worry less about my loss in interest?  Because I am crazy and I realize that this too is out of my control.

We just ordered Cold Stone Creamery ice cream to support my friend Dawn who owns the place.

I have not been as productive today as I have been to date during the "shutdown".  I wonder if it is because I know I am working tomorrow?  I promised my accountability buddy (AKA walking buddy) that I will do at least one cupboard today in my kitchen.  I have read a bunch....trying to encourage the kiddos to the same practice and it seems to have worked.  I started making broth and have done some laundry....so I guess I am not a complete sloth.

I am doing a Zoom meeting with friends from Indiana tonight!!  I haven't seen them in person in over 5 years for one (because she lived near my sister in law when my niece was married....change that....we visited Nina's family when Matthew had a campus visit to Saint Louis University), closer to 10 years for the other (St. Louis White House Retreat).  YEAH!!


Here is M. at our Zoom meeting - we are going to try to catch N. next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment