Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good news and progress

The best news of the day is that our basement (which had a bit of dampness a couple weeks ago after days and days or rain) probably needs only a minor repair. The guy who came out recommended we get long extensions to our drain spouts and to fill a small crack in the side of the foundation where 2 pieces come together. This guy could have made a lot of money selling us a big repair and instead just gave us good recommendations for a self fix. I love honest businessmen!

Other good news is that there is a lot more floor to be had in the storage room. I have taken out large garbage bags of trash and many boxes of "stuff" to be given away. I am working on 3 boxes that were never unpacked from the move!!!! eichs It is hard to realize that we have way too much CRUD in our world. Glad I am not terminally ill, trying to finish this as my last project - because this would kill me!

Bad news - I have been joined by Anna, who rested just enough on our walk to not need a nap today - RATS. I guess we will make a run to Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment