Friday, November 6, 2009

Why it is good to have a goal

Ok - today I have other things to do than clean boxes in my storage room. I am not talking about fun social engagements. I am talking about the neglected clean laundry on my dining room table and another cleaning project that needs to get started! Anyway, this morning, I remembered that I had cleaned out a laundry basket with Carolyn's name on it in the basement earlier in the week. I ran down to get it, to do the great laundry sort and fold. While I was there, though, I quickly went through ONE box. I can proudly report it wasn't a mess of junk, but several things that were thoughtfully packed before leaving the Newburgh! I did get rid of a few things, that I could now part with!

Here was the big keeper from the box. Gear-works. We have had this around since Matthew was three. Each and every kid loves it - I love it. You put a gear on the center and then can add pieces and they work together. I think the Evansville Children's Museum has a giant one of these. I will keep this toy after my kids have grown, for the day I start to provide aural rehab. therapy again. (if and when that day comes)
Now I am back to work!

2 comments:

  1. today I think my goal is take a nap with the little ones. I have a killer headache, and I sorted out my Halloween stuff AND the toy box yesterday. (OK, I still need to box up the stuff that came OUT of the toy box, if they haven't drug it off to hide it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun toy! I have a range of them I can't part with...I'm sure we'll have little ones around from time to time. Haven't been able to part with the high chair yet either...hoping for cousins someday.

    ReplyDelete