Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My recipe in Thanks

I have received a tremendous amount of great ideas and recipes in my plea for help. I will be posting them in a few days, but don't have time to get it together today. (I am too busy getting organized around the house.) But I would like to repay my lovely friends with a great recipe - especially for this time of year. My sister gave me this recipe years ago and I LOVE it. It is great on a brick of cream cheese, served with crackers or served with pork roast. To be honest, I could eat it with just about everything and it is pretty healthy.

Cranberry Relish

1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries (washed and picked through)

1 bunch of cilantro (don't go crazy if you have the bunch that I bought today - it is enough for a few batches)

1 bunch of green onions

1 pepper (whatever you have - I used red, but you could use jalapeno, but that wouldn't work for my kiddos)

lime or lemon juice

sugar (maybe 3/4 a cup, but don't put it in all at once) if you don't use sugar, you won't like this recipe - too bitter


I used my little food grinder, but just get it chopped up and mixed together anyway you like!


I ate my relish for a late morning snack immediately upon return from the grocery store with the ingredients. You might want to make it and let it sit for awhile to let the flavors blend, but I couldn't wait. (I was hungry and haven't had this relish in 10 months!)


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. There is quite a mix of sweet and savory in this recipe. With a little modification, I can make it for our family. I love a different variation of fresh cran relish. I even freeze cranberries so I can have it all year long.

    ReplyDelete