Saturday, June 13, 2020

6/12/20 Joel biked to the High Tressel Trail Bridge (23 miles)


Joel has talked about biking the trail for a while.  (It is an Ankeny thing to bike to the bridge.)  He did it tonight, so that Ken (in the minivan) could retrieve him.  Next time he might ride back.  I bet he and Matthew could do it together (which of course I would prefer....strength in numbers).  Note the helmet that I made a requirement for the trip :0)  Thank goodness for cell phones, since where they planned to meet had no car access.  Also so I could call when they weren't back 2 hours after Ken and Carolyn left for the pick-up.....(ice cream=reason)



Also, true confessions, I accidentally took Matthew's phone to work today (as well as my own)....we have the same phone, but as Matthew pointed out, he does have a University of Iowa strap on his phone...ooops.  Carolyn and I returned Matthew his phone at his work after I got off of work.  (This picture was actually Thursday, when he forgot sunscreen and I brought it to him.)  He doesn't always have the mask on outside, but wears it as a courtesy when he gets closer to people and he can't go into the store without.  He worked 2, 7 hour shifts in a row pushing carts and was TIRED today (Saturday).


Here is Carolyn, serving the essential coffee.  (This was my joke when the state was practically shut down and they were still serving coffee.)  Hard to see here, but she is almost in a glass box, so pretty safe.   I let Anna get a Starbuck's Pink Drink today...that way there could be no complaint about the picture as I was a paying customer....ha ha!  I am not normally a Starbucks customer...ironically I don't even go to HyVee much since it costs so much more than Aldi and Sam's Club.  Glad they employee my kids though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment