Tuesday, June 16, 2020

6/16/20

I walked in the morning because my 8:00 patient cancelled a few minutes before 5 last night and no one (obviously) could be rescheduled into that slot.  (plus it was a 2 hour appointment!!!)  Also 2 other patients cancelled with little notice....sigh.

We have literally hundreds of people waiting to be seen, so it is really frustrating to not be able to schedule them when people don't give adequate  notice.  Glad I don't own the business, nor need every single hour of work I normally have!  I just went in late and had a low stress day!

Carolyn and I made a fancy dinner of cod, honey carrots and garden fresh salad....(mostly not from my garden, but our few leaves were thrown into the mix....my walking buddy's husband is a Pharmboy  (grew up on a farm, now a pharmacist and obviously a wonderful gardener)

--------------------------------------




Our library is opening next Monday!  Masks required by everyone.  I would feel ok running in and out of the library once in awhile if everyone is masked!!!

--------------------------------------

This message came out today:

Cascade Falls Aquatic Center to open June 29 with restrictions
Post Date: 06/15/2020 7:41 p.m.
The City of Ankeny announced today that Cascade Falls Aquatic Center will open for open swim, swimming lessons, lap swim and water walking on Monday, June 29. Prairie Ridge Aquatic Center will not open this year. The aquatic center will be open only to residents of Ankeny and families enrolled in Ankeny public and private schools to help manage capacity issues.

Registration for swimming lessons will be available online only at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register starting Monday, June 22 at 8 a.m. Season passes will not be sold for the 2020 season. City staff are finalizing operational details and more information will be released as soon as it is available.  At this time, no further information is available

-----------------------------------------------

Let me be honest.  My family is not going to a swimming pool this year because of Covid19, but if you are going to open a swimming pool, why wouldn't you open both pools to reduce crowding???  (because I think MANY people are not as cautious as I am) They are restricting use to only Ankeny, but let's be honest, Ankeny residents can fill both pools.  (I think that they did this because 2 surrounding towns are not opening their pools and it would be crazy if their residents flooded into Ankeny.)


1 comment:

  1. Our libraries are just the curbside pickup. Haven't heard if that will change. All the Evansville city pools said not opening this summer. Don't know if you remember Newburgh's pool. It got into bad shape as the years went on and the whole too expensive to repair/remodel but too expensive to rebuild. So I think it didn't even open the last year or two. They just started plans to fill it up and redo the park like a splash pad area type of thing.

    ReplyDelete