Tuesday, June 30, 2020

New try...one success...now reverting back to the old!

So I am making some masks for a friend in Indiana, so I thought I should "up" my mask game.  Here is my new attempt and I do love it.  That said, I made a bad one before and after this one, so I am going back to my old mask pattern.   (the bad ones, just turned out small, so I didn't scrap them, but do need to find an elementary school girl to give them to)  For my personality, I need to know I will have consistent success, if I am going to make multiples of something.  Since my younger kid's school announced that there will be masking (in some way) at school,  I will be producing more masks...so consistency will have to be my game!  (I already knew the older kids would need a bunch of masks for U.Iowa.)

But isn't this cute....hopefully little MJ thinks it is "pretty"...if not, big MJ can donate to someone at her school.  Carolyn picked out this fabric, so that could be used to sell it.

As you can imagine, Carolyn's original work mask has been washed MANY times. (after each shift)  I looked at it today and felt the nose piece and it just felt wrong.  I cut it out and this is what I found.
On all recent masks, I am sewing the nose piece in place to help this happen a little less.  That said, cloth masks are not a forever thing!  Some material washes up better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment