Thursday, June 25, 2020

6/25/2020

The boys and I went to church this morning.  (Matthew was working yesterday morning and Joel had running plans.)

It might not shock you when I say....MORE FABRIC ARRIVED TODAY.  Joann's Fabric in town has a small supply of fabric.  They have absolutely no black solid fabric and haven't for months.  Hy-vee recently announced that staff all have to wear black masks.  The masks they provide are not my kid's favorite (a little small and can't be worn with the ear-saver easily and slips down the nose).  Anyway, when we learned this on Sunday we search the internet for black solid fabric and Etsy to the rescue.  Anyway, I was able to make Carolyn a black mask in time for her shift.  To get free shipping, we had to order $35 worth of fabric, which isn't so hard for me.  So I ordered some solid royal and Carolyn loved another floral patter for masks.  (She needs many for college, as we now know!  They also don't wash up perfectly if you are washing them all the time....so I want her to have plenty of masks to use, since it is the reality of the University of Iowa in the fall.)  

Then she found a fabric for us to use to cover a new-to-her office chair.  Last year, Ken's company was throwing away office chairs and he was allowed to take one home for Matthew's dorm.  It was in great shape.  Well they were getting rid of more chairs and Ken's colleague picked him up another chair, but this wasn't in great shape.  So we decided to cover it, since dorms really aren't the place for perfect furniture anyway!!!

 BEFORE


AFTER



Carolyn seemed to really like it.  She declared it "up-cycled"...which in her world is a big complement.

Here is the pretty fabric.  Even this picture doesn't do it justice.  I didn't like it as much when I saw it online, but I really love it in person.


Anna and I then ran to the library to pick up a book on hold.  I love that they mandate masks.  The library was pretty empty.  They have removed all the kids puzzles and toys.  They have asked people to come, get their books and leave.  (no meeting rooms to use etc.)  They have a limit to the number of patrons and someone sits at the door so you don't have to touch it.  They also quarantine the books for awhile after they are returned.

We also ran to Walmart, which is a first for me since March.  Anna picked out a mirror for her room and I was able to get Tazo Chia tea concentrate.  I haven't had any of that since March either, since they don't sell it at Aldi or Hy-Vee.  (unless you buy it, non-concentrated, from Starbucks....it is the exact same stuff!!)  As you can imagine, I am a "make it at home" kinda tea girl!

Nice day....I feel like I had a mini-vacation with 3 days off in a row.  Next week I will have 5 days off in a row due to the 4th of July falling on a Saturday and closing my clinic on Friday.

1 comment: