Saturday, June 13, 2020

6/13/20

Carolyn received this cute picture in the mail with a graduation card.  I love this picture because the 2 boys you see are the sons of the 2 people I best keep in touch with from Newburgh, where Carolyn went to preschool.  Plus B. seems to be saying something very intriguing.  It reminds me of simpler days when we packed little treats into baggies and sent them off to play with their friends.

Anna and I needed an outing today.  (Matthew needed to rest, but we made him come too.)  Joel was umping, Ken went to watch and bring him lunch (no concession stands) and Carolyn is at Starbucks.  She awoke to a message from Hyvee stating that her colleague over-slept and could she come in a soon as possible.  Good morning sunshine!

Anyway we went to Main Street Bakery and got curbside service of sandwiches (for them) and a salad for me.  We then went to the Carney Marsh. We people watched the bike trail while we ate, then walked  a short while on the path.  (I promised Matthew we would take it easy, since we was exhausted from pushing carts until 10 last night.)


We discussed Matthew's plan for after college and he said he wants to move away from Iowa to experience new things.  He said he wants to visit other countries too.  (I said, "You can do that while on vacation from a good paying job!!"  No post graduation trips for this kid....sorry I didn't help you get through school without loans to have you do anything except get a job immediately!!!)  He gets it, and absolutely will be a young adult without many earthly demands.  I bet he will travel, eventually, because he won't waste his money on fancy cars and possessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment