Sunday, July 12, 2020

7/12/20

It's my birthday and it is going to be lovely.  I was up around 5:30 (when Carolyn's alarm went off).  I saw her off to work the early shift and am packaging up some masks to fly around the country (Kansas City and Indiana)!!
favorite new fabric....Harry Potter.  

I bought this fabric to make Anna some masks that make masking-up a little more tolerable at school in the fall....and  for other kids (because a yard of fabric makes many masks!!)


My sister was up early today too, so we have been texting back and forth, which is a great start to the day as well!!

So photos from yesterday.....

Here is Anna....making the joke that she has her mask ready to go shopping.  She has Matthew's sense of humor.


While shopping I found this piece of fabric for $2.  I figured I would find SOMEONE who likes the Vikings....then I remembered my friends Blane and Claire.....Twin City natives.  They hosted Ken for 4 months after our roommates got married in 1992.  They visited us within the last couple of years and we got to see Blane when the kids had a Show Choir competition in MN in 2019.  (also other visits to the Twin Cities when we first moved back to this area)  Blane was in the Audiology Master's program when I was, but he was a year above me.  (also much older)  I wish I could quickly put my hands on a picture of Blane and Claire, but for today I will give myself a pass :0)


You know we have been dry when a kid goes outside to play in the POURING rain.  (also it was a sun shower, which is cool)



Ken said he wouldn't melt!



The girls and I went  in search of books for my clinic give away.  (not the Chess book...that is for Anna and me)  We did really well, in part because the thrift stores have received a ton of donations since the pandemic shut down, when everyone had time to spring clean!!  Today I will put them neatly into boxes to take to work in smaller increments.  I need to hit our library because they also have a book sale and their kid's books are $.25 instead of  $.89 to $.99.  Still I figure a buck is a great deal to get a kid reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment